May 2, 2013

The Twins Nursery


After finding out we were having twins we switched our guest room and originally planned nursery so the twins could have the bigger room with two closets.  My next task was decorating a nursery for both a boy and a girl.  This was a lot harder than I thought, but I absolutely LOVE the final result!

Ryan and Papa put up beaded board and installed a dimmer switch for late night feedings.
 So lucky to have such handy men around!
While Ryan waited for me to make up my mind about all the details in the nursery, he kept busy putting cribs together and installing shelves for storage in the closet.
Then after a few months of ordering and making decisions.....VOILA!  My starting point was this small scale gray wallpaper.  I HAD to have it!!!!  I have used the same concept in every room in my house....find something you love and can't live without and design the rest of the room around that.
I bought a dresser on Craigslist and refinished/painted it and replaced the hardware.  Really pleased with the way it turned out!
 Mr Happy Apple on this shelf has been in my family since I was little.  It is one of the only items that has been passed down through all the years and all my brothers.  Really neat to see the twins playing with it now.
 Here is a closer look at Grahams crib.
Here is my precious lil sleeping baby boy....
Here is Ellie's Side.
Here is our sleeping beauty....
 It took me a while to find art work that I really liked that was not too girly or boyish.  I fell in love with these animal prints and had them custom framed.

I use a local lady for all my sewing needs...Lisa you rock!!  I love all the details she put into the crib bedding and curtains!
My best friends are twins and their mom had this Twin Poem in their nursery growing up.  They gave me a copy of it and its such a special addition to the nursery.  I still tear up every time I read it!

And of course the closets are a fun place to peak at too.  Look at all the clothes these two already have!!!  We love finding matching boy/girl outfits.
Here is a supply of diapers, wipes and trash bags...this is a little over a months supply in our house!!!!
After all my hard work, I am truly in love with this room.  I love it even more now that my sweet babies are home:)


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE their room! ESPECIALLY the material on the diaper changer pad and the drapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog as a random hit on google while searching for something else-I can't even remember what now because I've been sucked into your twins' cuteness! I grew up in Charlotte-my mom is still there, but we live in Greensboro now. I keep thinking I might catch a glimpse of someone I know on your blog. Charlotte is such a big small town. The nursery is gorgeous. I love a Jack and Jill room! Would you mind sharing the info of the lady who does your sewing? I'm always looking for someone good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend is having twins and I was looking for inspiration to show her! Your nursery turned out so beautiful! Where did you find those animal prints?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely article. Shopping for twins has been the hardest thing ever. It started with buying twin bassinet, cribs, and other items. Continue writing such informative article

    ReplyDelete